Final preparations are being made for the second annual March for a Culture of Peace on Sunday, Sept. 20.
(Yikes! That’s this Sunday! Are you ready?)
Tips for marchers:
• All marchers should arrive at Cool Spring Park (map here) by 3:15. Following interfaith invocations and a few instructions, we’ll form the line and step off promptly at 3:30.
• Starting at 2:00, those who have lost loved ones to violence may decorate free t-shirts at the Memorial to the Lost table. Please also register at this table if you would like to have the name of your loved one read aloud at the rally.
• Form a carpool with other members of your group. You’ll find street parking around the park, the Cool Spring Reservoir, and in the vicinity of Ursuline Academy. Follow all parking regulations and don’t block residential driveways.
• The march route is 1.2 miles. It’s relatively flat and the weather promises to be sunny and in the 70s. Bring water, signs, and banners.
• Those who are unable walk this distance may stay in Cool Spring Park until marchers return at about 4:30. You’ll find benches and ample shade at the park.
• A brief rally after the march will end by 5:30, followed by musical performances. The event ends at 6:00 pm.